News + Updates
- The Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of Ken Regan (Edmonton, AB) as its Interim Chair, effective June 28, 2022
- If you wonder what it's like to be a professional artist in Calgary and want to expand your artistic vision beyond the NaAC, then artShare 2.0 might be for you
- Join the National accessArts Centre’s Music Ensemble in celebrating the release of their very first album!
- TUESDAYS | 1:00 PM Join this class to learn about this history and learn some of the foundational movements of this style.
- Dance film Moving Pictures takes the story of artists living with disabilities from backstage to the big screen.
- Q.A.A.C. Co-Conspirator David Wudel wrote this lovely piece out of the conversations from Q.A.A.C.
- This new workshop series at the National accessArts Centre is breaking down barriers in music-making.
Founded in 1975 as the In-Definite Arts Society, the National accessArts Centre (NaAC) is Canada’s oldest and largest disability arts organization – and in 2020, became the country’s first multidisciplinary disability arts organization. Today, the NaAC supports more than 300 artists living with developmental and/or physical disabilities through on-site studio supports and workshops, and an even broader community of Canadian artists with disabilities through immersive programs delivered online.
How you can help.
The NaAC is only able to deliver our breadth of programs and support for our growing community of artists with the generosity of donors and volunteers. Learn how you can become part of our community, and make a real difference in the lives of Canadian artists living with disabilities.
You can do a one-time donation, give monthly and become an Artist Fund Patron, sponsor an event or initiative, or become a volunteer.
I’m an artist.
Most of our participants are clients of the PDD program with the Government of Alberta, though there are opportunities for the broader disability community to be involved with us. Our programs cover a wide range of artistic disciplines including: visual arts, literary arts, dance, theatre, and music.