- THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2021 | 3:00 PM STUDIO VISIT
- THURSDAY AUGUST 12, 2021 | 3:00 PM STUDIO VISIT
- JULY 29, 2021 | 3:00 PM STUDIO VISIT Join us to chat with Chawna Exner, stage name Eva Angel, to learn more about integrating dance, costume, and accessible practices through the art of Burlesque
- With the generous support of Calgary Arts Development and ATB, we're starting to roll out a large-scale public art exhibition featuring ten brand new artworks created by National accessArts Centre artists!
- DeVery Bess has always been a performer, but it took a special person to pull them out of the mainstream theatre world—which was riddled with obstacles—and into the bright lights and loving embrace of drag. Now, they’re opening the door for National accessArts Centre (NaAC) artists to explore cabaret, and develop their personal stories and performance skills along the way.
Founded in 1975 as the In-Definite Arts Society, the National accessArts Centre (NaAC) is Canada’s oldest and largest disability arts organization – and in 2020, became the country’s first multidisciplinary disability arts organization. Today, the NaAC supports more than 300 artists living with developmental and/or physical disabilities through on-site studio supports and workshops, and an even broader community of Canadian artists with disabilities through immersive programs delivered online.
How you can help.
The NaAC is only able to deliver our breadth of programs and support for our growing community of artists with the generosity of donors and volunteers. Learn how you can become part of our community, and make a real difference in the lives of Canadian artists living with disabilities.
You can do a one-time donation, give monthly and become an Artist Fund Patron, sponsor an event or initiative, or become a volunteer.
I’m an artist.
Most of our participants are clients of the PDD program with the Government of Alberta, though there are opportunities for the broader disability community to be involved with us. Our programs cover a wide range of artistic disciplines including: visual arts, literary arts, dance, theatre, and music.