The National accessArts Centre (NaAC) team has reviewed the Government of Alberta’s relaunch plans, and we are cautiously optimistic that we can begin a careful transition towards reopening our doors. The health and safety of our staff, volunteers – and our artists – will remain the highest priority. This being said, we know the incredible strain this lockdown has had on our community’s mental health and that remote programming has its limitations. With this in mind, we are prepared to share the following information regarding our own reopening plans:
The NaAC will reopen during the week of July 12, 2021, or when the Government of Alberta moves into Stage 2 of its Open for Summer relaunch plan – whichever comes later.
Visual arts (former Indefinite Arts participants): Due to our commitment to creating a safe environment, social distancing measures and other health/safety protocols will remain in place. This will reduce our occupancy limits. Therefore, only those artists who have been specifically invited will be able to work in the NaAC studio. As we begin to see broader health restrictions ease along with the reduction in active COVID-19 cases, we will begin to extend the invitation to more artists in a phased approach – with the ultimate goal of returning back to normal and having all of our participating artists resume their practice in our studio environment.
- While the transition is in place, the NaAC will continue to offer remote (virtual, phone, mail-in, and flux kit) support to our community.
- Invited artists working in the studio must wear a mask and will be required to go through a health screening prior to entry.
- All staff will be wearing personal protective equipment.
- Both levels of the NaAC facility will be utilized for our artists, along with both main and upper-level entries to minimize crowding.
- Artists selected to participate in our in-studio programs will be receiving an email before June 3, 2021.
Performing arts (former Momo participants and newly registered community participants): Our performing arts programs may evolve into some in-person and outdoor elements on a case-by-case basis, beginning July 6 and 8, 2021. All registered participants in our performing arts programs are encouraged to look in their inboxes or on our social media pages for any updates.
To view our safety protocols, click here.
All participants will receive regular updates on our reopening plans in their ongoing programs. However, if you have specific questions, please reach out to:
- Visual arts programs: Kyra Ball (Coordinator, Artist Services) by phone 403.253.3174 ext. 0 or email email@example.com
- Performing arts programs: Talia Potter (Manager, Performing Arts) by phone 403.253.3174 ext. 8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As mentioned by the Premier of Alberta, it is important for as many of us to get vaccinated if eligible to do so.
We look forward to working through this reopening plan and eventually welcoming all of you back into our studios.